Lead UX/UI Designer
Developing products that solve real problems for our customers is at the heart of everything we do, and we’re on the hunt for an exceptional UX/UI Designer for our Quest products which are changing the game in commercial insurance.
Reporting to our Marine Product Director, the Lead UX/UI Designer will own the design of our Quest Product. You will need to be versed in the full product design process, from user research through to UI and visual design. You will collaborate closely with the Product Manager and Business Analyst to transfer customer requirements into beautiful, easy to use interfaces.
This is an exciting and rewarding role requiring a smart, disciplined and experienced UX/UI Designer who is looking to collaborate closely with and guide our designers across the marine and motor product teams.
- Transform customer and internal requirements into beautiful, intuitive interfaces that reflect our brand.
- Review and offer guidance on the design work across our product suite and the organisation.
- Interact with our customers to gain hands-on understanding of how to improve our software products.
- Take ownership of the Quest brand, ensuring consistency across products as well as product marketing.
- Take ownership of design from conception to final production release to ensure the finished product is as intended
We’re a tech company with an ambitious goal - to bring big data and AI to a very traditional industry, ripe for disruption -insurance. You might live in a ‘safe’ area with your car parked in a garage overnight but, what if, when you drive, you spend the whole time using your mobile phone at high risk of a crash?
From an insurer’s point of view, shouldn’t your insurance premium reflect your daily behaviour rather than your demographic data i.e. where you live? And, if you knew you’d get a better insurance premium for being a safer driver, maybe you’d stop using your phone?
The fact is, behaviour is a much better indicator of risk than demographics and not just in motor. So we’ve built a piece of software that uses big data and machine learning to help insurers apply this new way of thinking, and we’re starting with a focus on commercial marine and motor insurers. With substantial investment under our belt, we’re working with the leading insurers and brokers in the market.
We’re a talented bunch of data scientists, innovation specialists, entrepreneurs, designers, product managers, developers, marketers and insurance specialists, to name a few, and we have a passion for tech and disruption.
Come and join us!
You…. Super smart. Versatile. Innovative.
You are resourceful, dependable, proactive and an excellent communicator.
You are excited about getting hands on with the entire scope of creating, implementing and designing our products that will transform an entire industry.
You are an analytical and pragmatic thinker, that can balance user needs against business needs and deadlines.
- 5 years+ experience working in both User Experience and User Interface design.
- A comprehensive online portfolio that demonstrates not only stunning visuals, but one that intuitively puts the user at the heart of the product.
- A very advanced understanding of visual design; typography, illustration, grids and layout.
- Experience with industry standard software such as Sketch, Invision, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience using JIRA & Confluence would be advantageous
As well as the opportunity to work on products that you enjoy in an environment you’ll love, we like to look after our team members at Concirrus. Here are some of our perks:
- Employee share scheme so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Our modern London office is located on St Thomas Street, opposite the Shard, a stone’s throw from the culinary delights of Borough Market.
- Coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled. With a beer fridge, foosball table and Nintendo, because fun is important!
- Friday FED talks – like TED talks, but you get fed (on us)
- Monthly team drinks, quarterly dinners, birthday cakes and social events
- Pension scheme – generous matched contribution
Plus, we’re always on the lookout for creative ways to look after our employees and encourage them to come to us when they have an idea or needs.