Frontend Developer - Marine
Developing market leading products that solve real problems for our customers is at the heart of everything we do. Concirrus has ambitious growth plans and we’re on the hunt for an exceptional Frontend Developer for Quest Marine, a product that is changing the game in commercial marine insurance.
Collaborating closely with our product delivery team, you’ll be responsible for crafting high quality user interfaces, taking high fidelity designs and turning them into beautiful software.
Effective communication of your ideas is essential as you'll be interacting with stakeholders throughout the business. You'll need to be able to articulate complex technical details clearly and concisely using non-technical terms.
This role is full of opportunity to innovate, design and create in a fast-paced environment where our focus is functional output and customer value, whilst maintaining a high level of quality within the software that we create.
Concirrus is on a mission to change the way that insurance works forever.
You might live in a ‘safe’ area with your car parked in a garage overnight, but what if you spend all day driving around on congested motorways at a high risk of a crash? From an insurer’s point of view, we believe that your insurance premium should reflect your daily behaviour rather than your demographic data i.e. where you live.
The fact is, behaviour is a much better indicator of risk than demographics and, working with some of the leading marine and motor insurers utilising our software Quest, we are proving this to be true.
Quest is a beautifully designed and intuitive web app built upon cutting edge technical architecture. It pulls together multiple sources of industry data, combines it with an insurer’s own data and uses big data analytics, developed by our in-house team, to derive new behavioural insights for our customers.
With substantial investment under our belt, visionary co-founders with previous start up experience and a clever and passionate team based in London and Delhi, we’re looking for exceptional people excited by our vision to help us achieve our ambitious goals.
You should be a well-versed frontend developer, with a keen eye for design and attention to detail.
With a strong commercial background in web application development, you will understand development best practices and strive to build both beautiful interfaces and beautiful code.
As an integral part of our product team you’ll be an effective communicator with an inquisitive nature and logical mindset. Working with fellow developers, designers and business analysts you will help shape our product within an agile working environment.
The ability to take initiative is key, at Concirrus you will never be micro-managed as we believe that freedom breeds innovation and productivity. Asking questions is considered a strength and we hold each other accountable to the highest standards.
- 3+ years commercial development experience
- Proficient coding in various languages (HTML5, CSS3, JS)
- Strong comprehension of responsive design & frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Material UI, Foundation)
- Experience working with Web Services / APIs (REST/SOAP)
- Knowledge of component driven Front End development
- Understanding of database technologies (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Experience using graphing technologies (e.g. HighCharts, D3, Plotly)
- Familiarity with JS build systems e.g. Webpack, Gulp
- Ability to identify and adopt new technologies to increase efficiency
- Results oriented and able to complete tasks on deadline with minimum supervision
- Experience in Agile development environment
Nice to have
- Familiar/hands on with ES6
- Knowledge of the Java stack (Spring, Apache libraries and common frameworks)
- Insurance domain knowledge
- Use of tools (e.g. Zeplin, Sketch, Jira, Confluence)
As well as the opportunity to work on projects that you enjoy in an environment you’ll love, we like to look after our team members at Concirrus. Here are some of our perks:
- Employee share scheme so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Spacious, modern offices a stone’s throw from the culinary delights of Borough Market, and with a pub literally on our doorstep. The office is located on St Thomas Street, opposite The Shard
- Coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled
- Friday FED talks – like TED talks, but you get fed (on us)
- Monthly team drinks, quarterly dinners, birthday cakes and social events
- Pension scheme – generous matched contribution
- Plus, we’re always on the lookout for creative ways to look after our employees and encourage them to come to us when they have an idea or needs