Lead UX/UI Designer - Motor
Developing products that solve real problems for our customers is at the heart of everything we do, and we’re on the hunt for an exceptional User Experience (UX)/User Interface (UI) Designer for our Quest products which are changing the game in commercial insurance.
Reporting to our Motor Product Manager, the Lead UX/UI Designer will own the design of our Quest Motor product. You will need to be versed in the full product design process, from user research through to UI and visual design. You will collaborate closely with the Product Manager and Business Analyst to transfer customer requirements into beautiful, easy to use interfaces.
This is an exciting and rewarding role requiring a smart, disciplined and experienced UX/UI Designer who is also able to review and offer guidance on the design work created for our Quest Marine product.
Concirrus is on a mission to change the way that insurance works forever.
You might live in a ‘safe’ area with your car parked in a garage overnight, but what if you spend all day driving around on congested motorways at a high risk of a crash? From an insurer’s point of view, we believe that your insurance premium should reflect your daily behaviour rather than your demographic data i.e. where you live.
The fact is, behaviour is a much better indicator of risk than demographics and, working with some of the leading marine and motor insurers utilising our software Quest, we are proving this to be true.
Quest is a beautifully designed and intuitive web app built upon cutting edge technical architecture. It pulls together multiple sources of industry data, combines it with an insurer’s own data and uses big data analytics, developed by our in-house team, to derive new behavioural insights for our customers.
With substantial investment under our belt, visionary co-founders with previous start up experience and a clever and passionate team based in London and Delhi, we’re looking for exceptional people excited by our vision to help us achieve our ambitious goals.
You are resourceful, dependable, proactive and an excellent communicator.
You are excited about getting hands on with the entire scope of creating, implementing and designing our products that will transform an entire industry.
You are an analytical and pragmatic thinker, that can balance user needs against business needs and deadlines.
- Transform customer and internal requirements into beautiful, intuitive interfaces that reflect our brand.
- Review and offer guidance on the design work created on our Quest Marine product.
- Interact with our customers to gain hands-on understanding of how to improve our software products.
- 5 years+ experience working in both UX & UI.
- A comprehensive online portfolio that demonstrates not only stunning visuals, but one that intuitively puts the user at the heart of the product.
- A very advanced understanding of visual design; typography, illustration, grids and layout.
- Experience with industry standard software such as Sketch, Invision, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
Nice to have
- Experience using JIRA & Confluence would be advantageous
As well as the opportunity to work on projects that you enjoy in an environment you’ll love, we like to look after our team members at Concirrus. Here are some of our perks:
- Employee share scheme so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Loft office a stone’s throw from the culinary delights of Borough Market, and with a pub literally on our doorstep. The office is located within the London Leathermarket where we have access to facilities such as: on-site café/bar, bicycle storage and shower rooms
- Coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled
- Friday FED talks – like TED talks, but you get fed (on us)
- Monthly team drinks, quarterly dinners, birthday cakes and social events
- Pension scheme – generous matched contribution
- Plus, we’re always on the lookout for creative ways to look after our employees and encourage them to come to us when they have an idea or needs