Software QA Tester
Developing products that solve real problems for our customers is at the heart of everything we do, and we’re on the hunt for an exceptional Software Quality Assurance (QA) Tester for our Quest Marine product which is changing the game in commercial marine insurance.
Collaborating closely with our product delivery team, you’ll be performing testing across our web application. You’ll have a passion for quality with a focus on finding the best solution and working with the team to resolve any outstanding issues.
Interacting with stakeholders throughout the business, you’ll need to understand and communicate your ideas as well as describe the technical in a non-technical way.
This role will see you participating in test planning sessions and retrospective reviews as part of our agile working environment. You will proactively take on work as follow up from sessions and note suggestions.
Day to day you will perform manual testing for the active sprint and provide feedback on areas of improvement to the team. On a less regular basis you will also be required to carry out regression testing in readiness for production deployment of customers.
Concirrus is on a mission to change the way that insurance works forever.
You might live in a ‘safe’ area with your car parked in a garage overnight, but what if you spend all day driving around on congested motorways at a high risk of a crash? From an insurer’s point of view, shouldn’t your insurance premium reflect your daily behaviour rather than your demographic data i.e. where you live.
The fact is, behaviour is a much better indicator of risk than demographics and, working with some of the leading marine and motor insurers utilising our software Quest, we are proving this to be true.
Quest is a beautifully designed and intuitive web app built upon cutting edge technical architecture. It pulls together multiple sources of industry data, combines that with an insurer’s own data and uses big data analytics, developed by our in house team, to derive new behavioural insights for our customers.
With substantial investment under our belt, co founders with previous start up experience and a clever and passionate team based in London and Delhi, we’re looking for exceptional people excited by our vision to help us make it happen.
With a few years commercial experience under your belt you will be passionate, engaged and eager to learn. You will be self motivated and take initiative to pick up and learn new technologies and skills as required, in addition to learning from other team members.
Good communication is essential, both to technical and non-technical audiences. With remote colleagues clarity is key and therefore both verbal and written communication skills are important.
You will have a background in web application testing, having worked within a fast paced development environment. You’ll have an understanding of Agile working practices but believe in pragmatism over process.
With room for growth in this role in an expanding organisation, you will be ambitious, motivated and passionate about what you do.
- Strong web apps testing experience (cross-platform, cross-browser)
- Defects logging experience (preferably Jira)
- Test scripts and test plans preparation
- Experience working with Agile and BDD practices
- Experience on RESTful API or browser DevTools usage
Nice to have
- Unix commands knowledge
- UI Automation testing (Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, TestNG)
- Experience with No-SQL databases (Mongo DB, Cassandra or similar) and Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with Git and/or SVN source control tools
As well as the opportunity to work on projects that you enjoy in an environment you’ll love, we like to look after our team members at Concirrus. Here are some of our perks:
- Employee share scheme so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Spacious, modern offices a stone’s throw from the culinary delights of Borough Market, and with a pub literally on our doorstep. The office is located on St Thomas Street, opposite The Shard
- Coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled
- Friday FED talks – like TED talks, but you get fed (on us)
- Monthly team drinks, quarterly dinners, birthday cakes and social events
- Pension scheme – generous matched contribution
- Plus, we’re always on the lookout for creative ways to look after our employees and encourage them to come to us when they have an idea or needs