Cargo Subject Matter Expert
Developing products that solve real problems for our customers is at the heart of everything we do, and we’re on the hunt for an exceptional Cargo Subject Matter Expert to work on our Quest Marine Cargo product which is changing the game in commercial marine insurance.
The challenges facing the marine insurance market are well publicised. There has never been so much pressure to consider alternatives to the status quo. At Concirrus, we’re developing a Cargo product which takes advantage of the growing availability of data to help the market see risks in a new light: based on day to day behaviour. We’re looking for a Cargo Subject Matter Expert to be a part of the team responsible for our Quest Marine Cargo product, and to help us continue to revolutionise marine insurance.
You will be based in our London office, working with a talented, diverse team in both London and Delhi, helping to produce innovative software that is entirely new to the insurance market.
You will be focussed on understanding customer and industry requirements and translating these into implementable product specifications, ensuring they align with the company and product vision.
You will work directly with the product, delivery and data science departments in order to:
- Provide Cargo insurance domain expertise to support all our internal teams.
- Support our Product Owner in aligning the product roadmap with market needs.
- Provide client facing product expertise and become a product specialist.
- Help gather product feedback from customers and understand how the product can be improved to best deliver the desired results.
- Manage and assess non-core opportunities such as partner integrations and client specific projects where they require product and domain expertise.
- Gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels of the organisation to support the product roadmap.
Concirrus is on a mission to change the way that insurance works forever. You might live in a ‘safe’ area with your car parked in a garage overnight, but what if you spend all day driving around on congested motorways at a high risk of a crash? From an insurer’s point of view, shouldn’t your insurance premium reflect your daily behaviour rather than your demographic data i.e. where you live.
The fact is, behaviour is a much better indicator of risk than demographics and, working with some of the leading marine and motor insurers utilising our software Quest, we are proving this to be true.
Quest is a beautifully designed and intuitive web app built upon cutting edge technical architecture.
It pulls together multiple sources of industry data, combines that with an insurer’s own data and uses big data analytics, developed by our in-house team, to derive new behavioural insights for our customers.
With backing from insurance and deep tech investors, co-founders with previous start up experience, and a clever and passionate team based in London and Delhi, we’re looking for exceptional people excited by our vision to help us make it happen.
You are astute and professional with the ability to describe the complex in a simple way to all levels of business stakeholders.
With a background in Marine insurance you have a strong knowledge of underwriting and claims with a passion for improving a complex industry.
You possess the ability to write high and low-level requirements that accurately describe a given business problem and an effective solution.
As an integral part of our product team, the ability to communicate effectively is essential; you should demonstrate the ability to work proactively whilst remaining true to the overall business objectives.
- Strong commercial experience working within Marine Insurance
- Marine Cargo domain knowledge
- Results oriented and able to independently complete tasks to deadline
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with technical and business stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills
- Competent and comfortable with technology and data
- Strong excel skills
Nice to have
- Working experience within an agile environment
- Experience working within a software development organisation
- Knowledge or experience of SQL
As well as the opportunity to work on products that you enjoy in an environment you’ll love, we like to look after our team members at Concirrus. Here are some of our perks:
- Employee share scheme so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Our modern London office is located on St Thomas Street, opposite the Shard, a stone’s throw from the culinary delights of Borough Market.
- Coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled. With a beer fridge, foosball table and Nintendo, because fun is important!
- Friday FED talks – like TED talks, but you get fed (on us)
- Monthly team drinks, social events, birthday cakes and social events
- Pension scheme – generous matched contribution
- Plus, we’re always on the lookout for creative ways to look after our employees and encourage them to come to us when they have an idea or needs.