Junior Product Designer (Digital)
Developing products that solve real problems for our customers is at the heart of everything we do, and we’re on the hunt for an exceptional Junior Product Designer to work on our Quest products which are changing the game in commercial insurance.
We’re looking for an ambitious Junior digital product designer to join our team and help us develop and evolve our marine insurance products. In addition to inputting to our core product progress, there will be opportunities to get involved in product brand and marketing. You will be reporting to the senior product designer as part of the marine product team.
We’re a tech company with an ambitious goal - to bring big data and AI to a very traditional industry, ripe for disruption, insurance.
You might live in a ‘safe’ area with your car parked in a garage overnight but, what if, when you drive, you spend the whole time using your mobile phone at high risk of a crash?
From an insurer’s point of view, shouldn’t your insurance premium reflect your daily behaviour rather than your demographic data i.e. where you live?
And, if you knew you’d get a better insurance premium for being a safer driver, maybe you’d stop using your phone?
The fact is, behaviour is a much better indicator of risk than demographics and not just in motor. So we’ve built a piece of software that uses big data and machine learning to help insurers apply this new way of thinking, and we’re starting with a focus on commercial marine and motor insurers.
With substantial investment under our belt, we’re working with the leading insurers and brokers in the market.
We’re a talented bunch of data scientists, innovation specialists, entrepreneurs, designers, product managers, developers, marketers and insurance specialists, to name a few, and we have a passion for tech and disruption.
Come and join us!
You.... Super smart. Versatile. Innovative.
You're an enthusiastic, driven designer with strong principles and a keen eye for detail. You have a passion for tackling complex problems and enjoy a challenge. You're a team player, enjoy working alongside others and are a strong communicator. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are happy juggling various tasks, respond with initiative to challenges and can quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe and prototyping tools
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Sketch or similar
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with team members
- and various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills and ability to prioritise your workload
- Degree or qualification in Design, UX or similar discipline
As well as the opportunity to work on products that you enjoy in an environment you’ll love, we like to look after our team members at Concirrus. Here are some of our perks:
- An opportunity to work on an enterprise level software product for global clients
- Personal development fund and opportunities to shape your design career
- Employee share scheme so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Our modern London office is located on St Thomas Street, opposite the
- Shard, a stone’s throw from the culinary delights of Borough Market.
- Coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled. With a beer fridge, foosball table and Nintendo, because fun is important!
- Friday FED talks – like TED talks, but you get fed (on us)
- Monthly team drinks, birthday cakes and social events.
- Pension scheme – generous matched contribution
Plus, we’re always on the lookout for creative ways to look after our employees and encourage them to come to us when they have an idea or needs.