Product Owner - Marine Cargo
Developing products that solve real problems for our customers is at the heart of everything we do, and we’re on the hunt for an exceptional Product Owner for our Quest Marine (Cargo) product which is changing the game in commercial marine insurance.
The challenges facing the marine insurance market are well publicised. There has never been so much pressure to consider alternatives to the status quo. At Concirrus, we’ve developed a product which takes advantage of the growing availability of data to help the market see risks in a new light: based on the dayto-day behaviour of fleets. We’re looking for a Product Owner to be a part of the team responsible for our Quest Marine product, and to help us continue to revolutionise marine insurance.
You will be based in our London office, working with a talented, diverse team in both London and Delhi, helping to produce innovative software that is entirely new to the insurance market.
You will be critical in understanding customer requirements and translating these into implementable product specifications, user stories and development tasks. You will work directly with the product, delivery and data science departments to ensure that our innovative vision is carried right through from idea to technical implementation. You will be responsible for ensuring that the product roadmap is well understood, and the development backlog is well prioritised to ensure we are developing the right things at the right time.
Concirrus is on a mission to change the way that insurance works forever.
You might live in a ‘safe’ area with your car parked in a garage overnight, but what if you spend all day driving around on congested motorways at a high risk of a crash? From an insurer’s point of view, shouldn’t your insurance premium reflect your daily behaviour rather than your demographic data i.e. where you live.
The fact is, behaviour is a much better indicator of risk than demographics and, working with some of the leading marine and motor insurers utilising our software Quest, we are proving this to be true.
Quest is a beautifully designed and intuitive web app built upon cutting edge technical architecture. It pulls together multiple sources of industry data, combines that with an insurer’s own data and uses big data analytics, developed by our in-house team, to derive new behavioural insights for our customers.
With backing from insurance and deep tech investors, co-founders with previous start up experience, and a clever and passionate team based in London and Delhi, we’re looking for exceptional people excited by our vision to help us make it happen.
You are astute and professional with the ability to describe the complex in a simple way to all levels of business stakeholders.
You will be confident and experienced in taking a product from inception through to production, with the ability to write high and low-level requirements that accurately describe the given business problem.
As an integral part of our product team, the ability to communicate effectively is essential; you should demonstrate the ability to work proactively whilst remaining true to the overall business objectives.
With a proven track record working within a software team, you understand the technical and non-technical challenges faced on a daily basis. Whilst commercial insurance domain experience is something we value highly, we are also firm believers that the right person can be brought up to speed quickly.
- Strong commercial experience working as a business analyst, product owner or similar.
- Experience working within a software development organisation
- Results oriented and able to independently complete tasks to deadline
- Experience across the end-to-end requirement engineering process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with technical and business stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills
- Working experience within an agile environment
Nice to have
- SQL / Excel skills
- Working familiarity of Confluence and Jira
- Insurance industry domain knowledge
- Relevant professional certifications (e.g. IIBA's CBAP, BCS)
As well as the opportunity to work on projects that you enjoy in an environment you’ll love, we like to look after our team members at Concirrus. Here are some of our perks:
- Employee share scheme so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Spacious, modern offices a stone’s throw from the culinary delights of Borough Market, and with a pub literally on our doorstep. The office is located on St Thomas Street, opposite The Shard
- Coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled
- Friday FED talks – like TED talks, but you get fed (on us)
- Monthly team drinks, quarterly dinners, birthday cakes and social events
- Pension scheme – generous matched contribution
- Plus, we’re always on the lookout for creative ways to look after our employees and encourage them to come to us when they have an idea or needs