Data Scout / Researcher
We’re currently seeking a Data Acquisition Specialist to join our expanding London based team. Our customers are global, digitally powered insurers, implementing new models to transform their risk management models using insights from the latest developments in data science, AI and machine learning.
As a key point of data aggregation, Concirrus reduces friction of access to new, valuable risk information – for us, having the absolute best data and ecosystem of partners within our products is critical for ours and our customers’ success.
The successful applicant will support the selection, on-boarding and growth of multiple strategic data sources and maintain oversight of our partnership data libraries and capabilities. Providing intelligence by performing preliminary analysis, research and pre-qualification of suitable external data-source candidates, you will work closely with the Director of Alliances to deliver a consistent and exceptional experience to all of our clients and partners.
This is a great opportunity to deliver innovative technology to a sector steeped in history and help shape a successful and profitable future for insurance.
- Short-list the best possible data partners and sources for all Concirrus products.
- Pre-qualify, vet and conduct preliminary investigations into suitable partners.
- Keep Concirrus Data Wiki current and ensure libraries are available and well documented.
- Synthesise intelligence, stats, KPIs into management level information.
- Conduct both industry and competitor research with GAP analysis.
- Support the exploratory analysis test plans and creation of data KPIs.
- Gain regular customer feedback to validate and transform their data needs into our priorities.
- Become the expert in our data and support internal and external communications.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- You have a background disciplined in data research and statistics gathering/mining.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to work with multi-faceted information.
- Can perform data wrangling with Excel to produce summary level information and insight.
- Produce and communicate meaningful, validated research outputs and documentation.
- Are a critical thinker and leave no stone unturned in your analysis and due diligence.
It would be great, but not essential, if you:
- Have transactional experience in a risk or logistics operations modelling discipline.
- Possess Atlassian Confluence administration skills.
- Understand relevant, statistical approaches to data mining.
- Can get your hands dirty with SQL, R or Python scripts.
- Are familiar with the 4vs data principles and exploratory analysis.
As well as the opportunity to work on projects that you enjoy in an environment you’ll love, we like to look after our team members at Concirrus. Here are some of our perks:
- Employee share scheme so you get to own a piece of the pie.
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews.
- 25 days holiday.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Spacious, modern offices a stone’s throw from the culinary delights of Borough Market and London Bridge station. There’s an array of places to enjoy a drink or two after work and you’ll never be short of a recommendation from the team. The office is located on St Thomas Street, opposite The Shard.
- Coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled.
- Friday FED talks – like TED talks, but you get fed (on us).
- Regular team drinks, birthday cakes and social events.
- Pension scheme – generous matched contribution.
- Plus, we’re always on the lookout for creative ways to look after our employees and encourage them to come to us when they have an idea or needs.